8.01.2008

Peanut Butter Ice Cream

Yep, my taste for peanut butter has not ended. I've been peanut butter crazy for like 4 months now, no idea why. It's like chocolate to me, since I don't really like chocolate that much. I got this crazy idea yesterday to try and make some ice cream. Mind you we don't have an ice cream maker, so this was fun.

Ingredients:
1 cup milk, whatever you like, I used skim
1/2 cup granulated sugar
8 oz peanut butter chips
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 big Ziploc bag
1 small Ziploc bag
ice

Directions:
1) Heat the milk until it's just bubbling around edges, you can do this in a microwave as well.
2) In a food processor or blender, pulse the sugar with the peanut butter till it's finely chopped. Add the milk and blend or process till it is well mixed. Let the PB mixture cool off.
3) Once it is cooled off, stir in heavy cream and vanilla.
4) Put ice into small Ziploc bag.
5) Pour the mixture into a large Ziploc bag.
6) Place the ice bag in the large Ziploc bag.
7) Let chill over night, or until ice cream consistency.

I didn't get to try it yet but tonight I will!

Enjoy!

No comments: