6.17.2008

Crispy Corn Flake Fried Chicken


I found this recipie in The Nest magazine, and I've heard of people using it, so I thought I'd give it a try! I did change it a little bit though and it still turned out good!


Ingredients:
1 tsp. EVOO
A few pieces of chicken, whatever you are capable of eating(I used 3 chicken thighs, bone in)
1/4 cup of flour(I used whole wheat)
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 teaspoon of pepper
2 cups cornflakes
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 teaspoon of Honey Dijon Mustard
1/8 teaspoon cayene pepper
1/2 teaspoon of paprika

Directions:
1) Pre-heat oven to 425.
2) Pour EVOO into a baking pan, big enough so that the chicken doesn't touch. Rub the oil all around the dish.
3)Rinse chicken in cold water and if it has skin on it take it off. Pat it dry. In bowl combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour until its completely coated, set aside.
4)Crush the cornflakes in a plastic bag, using a rolling pin or your hands. Pour crushed flakes onto a plate.
6)In a larger bowl, but buttermilk, mustard and spices. Give each floured piece of chicken a good bath in the buttermilk, then roll it in the crushed flakes. Put the piece in the baking pan.
7)Arrange the chicken in the baking pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 425, then bake at 350 for another 30 minutes, until the outside looks crispy.

Enjoy!!

No comments: