1.26.2009

Sweet and Sour Chicken

Happy Chinese New Year! In honor of that I decided to make sweet and sour chicken tonight for dinner. Normally this meal is probably not that good for you because it's breaded, but I didn't bread ours. The recipe I was following actually called for it to be breaded but I didn't want to add those extra calories on to it. So of course I went and re-created my own recipe. I also threw in some fresh pineapple during the last 15 minutes! This makes about 3 servings.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breast, cut up into medium sized chunks
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup canola oil

Sauce Ingredients:
¾ cup sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
½ cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 fresh/canned pineapple

Directions:
1) Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
2) Season chicken with salt and pepper.
3) Fry in a little oil in a pan and fry chicken till it's brown but not cooked through.
4) Place in a single layer in a baking dish.
5) Mix sauce ingredients together and pour over chicken.
5) Bake for one hour at 325 degrees. Turn chicken every 15 minutes. Add pineapple during last 15 minutes of baking.

Enjoy!

No comments: