1.25.2009

Slow Cooked Apple BBQ Short Ribs

I'm so proud of this little recipe, it's one of the first ones I ever created my self! I'm sure somewhere out there, there is a similar one but this one I thought of my own! Anyways, typically we buy pork baby back ribs, but for some reason at Acme, on Friday mornings, all their meat is half off, or there are coupons on it for 1.00 off or 2.00 off. I imagine that is because it's shelf live is probably just about over, but every piece of meat we buy the date is always good. We take it home and use our food saver and in the freezer it goes. Anyways, so the short ribs were originally four something with a two dollar off coupon, so I bought them. We have so much food in our freezer because, one-we have been away a lot, two-we have been eating out it seems when we are home, three-we stocked up big time about a month ago. I'm sure these could be made in the oven, but this recipe is for a slow cooker. They need to cook about 5 1/2-6 hours on low. So I got these out this morning and had an extra apple in the fridge and the rest is history! Ha! This recipe is for 2 servings, so you may need to adjust it.



Ingredients:
6 short ribs
1 cup BBQ sauce, any choice, I used a hickory smoke flavor
1 cup Apple Butter BBQ sauce
1/2 cup of onion, chopped
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 apple, any kind, peeled and cored

Directions:
1) Place all ingredients in crock pot except for short ribs and stir together.
2) Add short ribs in and cook on low for 5 1/2 to 6 hours.


Enjoy!

No comments: